14 June, 2008

My Heart Growing Fonder

We all know the saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Today my heart has increased in fondness for my wife.

Keeley left last night (Friday) for a one night ladies retreat that is being put on by our Language School.  In addition to having the opportunity to be encouraged and fellowship with some other ladies, Keeley is also in charge of leading the praise and worship times.  It has been a lot of work for her to prepare for this retreat, but she has done a great job.Keeley1

The girls and I had a movie night last night, complete with popcorn.  We had a great time hanging out and laughing together.  This morning was pancakes and some cartoons.  I love spending time with our girls, so times like these don’t feel like a “big sacrifice”.

Keeley will get back around 5:00 PM this evening.  Both the girls and I are greatly anticipating her return, as home just isn’t the same without Mom there.  And although I try to show her how much I appreciate her all the time, opportunities to care for the girls and the home all by myself tend to accentuate exactly how much I value who Keeley is and how she cares for us in such an awesome way.

Thank you Lord for my godly wife, I am truly a blessed man.  :-)

No comments:

join our mailing list
* indicates required